Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Pesky "Networkers" and What To Do With Them?

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley,
I did that yesterday.  But there's a progression I noticed, since he introduced himself with clear intentions.

He'll try a different approach.  For example, after we were walking out, he offered me a ride, and I declined for some exercise walking to public transit.

Networking is advertised widely, so this is accepted, and my behaviour is not the norm.

I'll try to sit on the opposite part of the room and leave a different time.  I need to get more rest, since I can't sleep lately, since the night classes are triggering so much.  With time, I should become acclimated too.

The facilitator asked me about an event after class, and that part of me that wants to be in a relationship felt awkward, but I think she was trying to determine if I was a professional in the field, since the trades people usually go to the event launch.

I'm carrying my thought records again, but couldn't take them out at the timesince she might recognize them...she's a credentialized therapist too
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've always been a private person, and have a dilemma.  I resumed taking a couple of courses, this winter in January.

I'm annoyed by how intrusive some people are.  One guy is job hunting, and "can always use more money", but I don't to be "networked" or pumped for information.  Taking night courses is an expensive way to meet people and collect information on job leads.

I don't really wish to remember the job that caused me the negative memories I have, nor do I wish to compare benefits, etc.  I'm in the courses to learn something practical.  I suppose I'm feeling tired since I keep having to "shoo" this fellow away like a mosquito, while having other things on my mind.

It annoys me too, that he's just so cavalier about his "game" and persistent.  On the other hand, I understand he needs the money.
Any of this resonant with others?

Reading this thread: