Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Does Recreation Really have Value?

12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In answer to the question presented at the beginning of this thread?
I can only speak from my only personal experience..I was a caregiver for years and had no time at all for recreation or leisure type activities because of this I got very sick and run down..I have spent the last 11 years now trying to get my health back both emotional and physically..I started including leisure type activities back in my life 2 yrs ago and it is helping..I still have a long ways to go though before I will be healthy and whole again. So I would have to say Recreation and Leisure has real value in a persons life. It really does count in the long run.

Red....
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi TimSelf,
I can relate to the discoveries during dull periods or repetitive work.
12 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If you don't add recreation and rest in your life the quality of all your efforts diminishes.

This is a topic that I have had a great interest in. Just like in exercise, you need to rest and have fun so that you can perform at your very best. I don't have any links handy but I've read that creativity comes when we are idle or goofing off. If you don't give yourself a break your ability to concentrate goes down and you are more prone to making mistakes.

You owe it to your employee, family, charity, whatever to give yourself time to recuperate so that they can benefit from you at your best.

12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thought provoking!

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

You get rich I think.  No actually you get old and grumpy without any memories always searching for happiness. Your job might be your whole life but do your friends care. What are you going to talk about when that is all there is left to do?

Davit
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm having struggles balancing life, and convincing myself that leisure really counts.

What happens when you don't add leisure or recreation in your day or week or life?

Reading this thread: