Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Home Alone.....Ugggg!!

11 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Red, and Ashley!!

I can't say it was easy, and there were a few times I almost called my husband but I did'nt!! I kept telling myself all the things I have read on this site about nothing would happen to me, and just to stay calm.

I have not really rewarded myself yet, and Red I am a simple kinda girl too. Really my reward is taking the time away to quietly sit down with you guys to share my experiences......I so enjoy this!!!! Thanks so much for the support, and just sharing with me that I am not alone, and that better days are coming my way!!!!

11 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great work!!

How did you celebrate?

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lesia..I was surfing the net and stopped by and read you post..Congratulations!! You survived your first exposure session and challenged those anxious thoughts and won..Thats right You did it..and you won and guess what this is just the beginning..Keep working the program and you will find that you will be doing lots more. One thing the program advocates is a reward system and that we reward ourselves for all of our accomplishments both big and small ..I do enjoy the little rewards...

Keep up the good work..It works..
Red..
I don't know exactly how.......but I made it!!! I was home alone today for almost four hours......It was hard, and I relied on these forums to keep me from stressing......but I did it :) :)
Thanks Josie,

Yes I am trying to work on it. I think I will read a little in the forums too, it helps just knowing you guys are here!! I am so grateful I found this site......and I will continue to work on my homework too!! I posted how I was feeling already, and I am trying to keep my mind occupied, unfortunately my mind gets away from me at times. When I try to shut it off I seem to only make things worse on myself though.

It helps to come here to the forums and post how I feel and knowing that the people reading it totally understands what I am feeling, so thanks so much!!!!

11 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
tx,

Yes... keeping working on your positive thinking!

Why not journal your feelings and emotions while he is gone?
Is there a individual hobby you would like to do?
How about reading a few chapters of your favourite book?
Make a dessert?

Take the time to pick one item to do while he is gone, this will occupy you and he will return before you know it.

Josie, Health Educator
My husband had to leave me alone for a couple hours today, and I just keep feeling it coming!! That shortness of breath, heavy chest, light headed, and I just hate this. I have no idea why I am afraid, everything is going just fine, so I guess I will just work on my thinking!!

If anyone has any advice, I am willing to take it.......I just want to make it through this morning without a major panic attack, hopefully being here with you guys will prevent that from happening!!

Reading this thread: