Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,477 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Blame the game,not the player

11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The best way to keep anxiety off your face is to look at the floor like you are thinking on something very hard. It breaks the cycle if you pick out a spot to stare at. Distractions do work. Even for someone like me who sees three dimensionally and can multi task. Look around you in a store and see how many people do this unconsciously. People watching can give you some good ideas for distractions especially if they don't have obvious anxiety.

Davit.
11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's suggested that practising relaxation can help you cue in the feeling when you're stressed.  I haven't reached that point yet, although there are moments when I almost feel that way.
11 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Situation becomes questionable when I feel panic attacks at  workplace.When depression is clearly visible on face and you are left with no explainations. I used to walk around in corridor;try to calm down with long breathing yet no control over anxiety.I become addict of smoke just to get rid of this feeling but it was known very well it does not work.I left with no option but to quit my job.
Shari said right ,for break reduces cycle of depression & stress.But taking small breaks,talking to your friends during the small breaks should be practiced constantly & regularly.There is urgent need of constant challange of your negative thoughts for control of the situations & circumstances.

I usually go out to the garden, but there's less there, with fall, as it's closed down eventually.  I'll try going outside anyway, since I have a headache and might need some fresh air.
11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Are you able to take a break and do something you enjoy to refresh yourself?  When I am stressed, I take a walk by myself or with my dogs, just to clear my head.  It's a mini break, but it helps me recover quicker.  Or, is there a place close by where you can get a cup of tea or decaf coffee and read a newspaper or magazine?  Just getting away, for a moment or two, can break the downward cycle of stress.  Think of it as a mini pick me up.  Depending on the day, sometimes a need a few of those breaks :) :) :)

Shari
11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thinking of you Hugs!  
Do you have some kind of ritual or activity that you can do to rid yourself of negative or low energy?
For example, deep breathing, yoga or simply washing your hands?  Any practice that can help ground you and keep making you stronger?

Vincenza, Health Educator
I'm finding it hard to deal with mom dealing with her low mood, and I feeling the stress.

The expression in the subject heading expresses my frustration as i deal with checking my feelings, but validating them, and realizing it's her age, not any intention, and medical.

If the expression, "..if it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger" means anything, I'll be very strong

Reading this thread: