Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Triggers,Buttons,Achilles Heels,Weaknesses

11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

Parents are using the computer for a baby sitter allowing the attachment to form some where else than it should. They are also sending them to school at four years now. So much different than when I went to school.

Davit.
11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Davit,
Also, a lot of children are using online resources at younger ages, causing them to never achieve "emotional" intelligence.
11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

According to " Attachment theory" how you were treated in the first 11 months dictates how you will be for the rest of your life. It forms the platform that you build on. The next seven years are also critical too. This is when the strongest core beliefs are built. 
But now comes a wrench in the works. Home schooled kids don't get the same peer pressure as regular schooled kids do. I don't know if this is good or bad.
You can change which category you fit under (there are four) but you have to know which one you fit first.
I and My brother fall under different categories, He doesn't have panic, I do.

Davit
11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I was warned about having my “buttons” pushed, and found it happening with my parent. She’s a mistress, since she raised me, and parents condition us.

I find it so hard to compose myself!

If I could only detach myself from my emotions, but then I'd be a machine.  Unfortunately, she's in the same boat that we, at the PC are...

Reading this thread: