Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Fear of Listeriosis....

15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It can be restrained, but like you said, I only try to fix the ones that bother me.  I get laughs out of walking into things, amongst the other "clever" little tendencies I have...so I let myself do it.  Glad I could bring a lil sunshine to your day!
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lol! I walk into things all the time. Glad to know I am not the only other distracted person here! I do thing that automatic processes can be retrained though And I try hard to fix the ones that trouble me. Thanks for the reply, it made me giggle! Thanks!
Ah, being able to laugh at yourself is the greatest sign that everything will gonna be ok.  I try to do it on a regular basis, hell, I give myself enough reason with how completely automatic I can be with certain things...and how that automatic tendency leaves room to do something smart, like say walk into a wall.  First time I did that, took me a minute just to realize what da heck happened.
Had a stomach flu all weekend so I felt pretty nervous and anxious lol. Made it feel worse. lol Goest o show how good we are at scaring ourselves! I feel much better now, but I can see how this thought lingers in my mind! Lol guess I am gonna have to thought challenege this for a little while still
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you all know I am feeling much better about this. In fact I hadn't thought about it today at all! Thanks all of you for your support! It really helped!
15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, I would be the same way, I'd be totally worried and afraid.  Just stay away from the products mentioned and eat other things, stay away from the cold cuts and stuff like that.  I"m sure you will be great, i know you will.
15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Folks,   Many scares similar to this have come and gone.......Mad Cow and SARS, for example. As most of you have already mentioned, Listeriosis is dangerous for those who are immune-compromised such as the elderly and children, or individuals who are dealing with a major illness.   Prevention is the best medicine for now.............if it makes you feel better avoid meat products until the coast is clear. Surely there are many other much healthier food choices.   Secondly, keep your immune systems strong by eating well, staying active, drinking lots of water and taking your vitamins. Onions, garlic and ginger are excellent immune boosters and are also very protective against a whole host of other illnesses such as cardiovascular issues.   Finally be aware of any symptoms you may experience and do not hesitate to see your health professional for guidance.   As Diva says.......this too shall pass!     Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Jhori82 thats a massive change of jobs !

15 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Diva..(and everyone)

Although I never really stressed about this other than throwing everything out... I still refused to buy deli meats today when we were grocery shopping for back to school lunches.   Although my hubby laughed  I still couldn't take the chance...funny I thought... It's like some deep set thought... and I just couldn't do it even though all the recalled stuff is gone...

Anywho... Who needs that stuff anyways right??  I'll roast my own chicken ... rofl

DM
Anytime, Diva!  :o)

Funny you say that Dee, I'm supposedly not allowed to give blood because I lived in England when mad cow had it's first "outbreak".   Wonder if that's why my dad went from being a Vet to USDA...kind of a big change.

Reading this thread: