Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Do medications stop working?

12 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have wondered the same thing. I have been on paxil for about as long as you have and my symptoms have reappeared as well. Paxil is so hard to ween off because the withdrawl symptoms are horrible. I am hesitant to try other medications because I have had such success on Paxil. It would be helpful to talk to our doctors, but again I don't want to try anything new!
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sthorn,

Welcome and thank you for introducing yourself. Many here have struggled with starting or stopping medications. In general, most medications of this nature take time to build a therapeutic level in your system. As it does, the effect it produces becomes more pronounced and stable, on the flip side always check with your doctor or pharmacist as weight, age and side effects can also play a factor.

Unfortunately as moderators we are unable to give out medical advice.

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, 

I am new to the Panic Center and would like to ask others who are on medication (I am on Paxil CR 50 mg) if they find that it loses its' effectiveness after you have been on it for a long time. I was panic-free for 10 wonderful years and then one day driving to work there it was again, I felt like my life was over again. Now I am struggling again with panic and anxiety and I don't really know why. I have tried to change medications but the side-effects are horrible!! Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks, 
s

Reading this thread: