Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,483 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA

What we don´t measure goes out of control?

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

Been there, done that. It sneaks up on me. I know some one else that does that too. I'm learning to treat ever day new and just do the best I can. That is all we can. When I get that panicky feeling I accept I lost part or all of the day and go relax. Nothing I can do about it now, and I don't have to be perfect.

Davit
12 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone. 
Every night I like to jot down what I've accomplished in my planner. I also like to record my moods with a smiley face/sick face/etc. Also, I like to cross off what I've planned also. 
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley,
"Out of control" things go by the wayside, and the panic cycle gets tripped. 

An example is my exercise programme loses most of the components at home, causing me to feel less fit.  I have a brace that I have to wear, but without it my legs get worse.  I forgot when to change the furnace filter, so the air isn't as clean.  If I don't do progressive relaxation regularly, I get stressed , and the panic cycle eventually gets tripped.
12 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs,

What would out of control look like to you?
Ashley, Health Educator
Hi Carmie,
This week I meatsured my relaxation time, and will take it up with my doc, since I might be rushing it, defeating the benefits.  I do these things selectively, and find this programme helpful, since I respond to behavioural stuff pretty well, as opposed to lying on the couch and talking ad nauseum without tangible results.

We can't measure everything, but there are things we take for granted.  eg. at the gym the treadmills have gotten so smart, they can let you insert your workout card, and they time you to ensure a beneficial pace.  The alternative is that people just show up for a shower and gab gab gab.  There's even an app which allows you to measure your pulse with a finger tip.
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs, I like this topic.  I follow a certain weight loss program that requires we track what we eat and drink and the amount of daily exercise.  I took "a break" from tracking and yes, there was a time when I am sure my eating went out of control.  I had a wake up call in wondering if certain pants had "shrunk" in the laundry. 
So, this is very true for me.  I need to measure certain things in order to stay within reasonable levels. For example, I need to portion out a healthy serving of certain foods - like potato chips - or else I will find myself with an empty bag! 
I regularly measure my sleep and tv, now that worry has gotten under control.

I wonder you find things get "out of control" if you don't use something like the symptom tracker, or your own system to keep tabs on your triggers?

Reading this thread: