Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Anybody wish to share Pet Peeves?

12 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
From Wikipedia:
Pet peeves ( or pet hate)
Origin:  Its first usage was around 1919.  The term is a back formation form the 14th-century word peevish, meaning "ornery or ill tempered"

They actually have web sites where people post there favorite pet peeves, even though not many post to these sites on a regular basis...

Oh well,
The weekend is here so its time for me to take take some time off from the forum again..and just in time too...I am looking forward to a pleasant and positive weekend...

Red/sid
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

My neighbour has a car pooling ride who has to sound his car horn repeatedly at 7:40 am...no wonder I can never sleep to eight am

12 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 No!  Due to the stressful nature and negativity of pet peeves I choose not the participate in this thread...
But now that you got me thinking about it....

You know what pet peeves just might be a pet peeve for me, worth mentioning..Now that I am thinking about it....

Sid
Josie
That's all-or-nothing thinkingThink of other gal/guy who already painted their nails or put on mascara at home
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well those able to paint their nails and put on mascara while they are driving..might as well be going the wrong way!

Josie, Health Educator
Josie,
Hopefully there's a dotted line in between those lanes, otherwise somebody's going in the wrong direction
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Peeves can cultivate negativity, however, it is also a good idea to get it off your mind, by writing it down or journaling.

Hitting the "gym bag" doesn't hurt either

Pet peeve:

2 cars, 2 separate lanes, side by side, same speed...

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone:  Pet peeves -  rude people.  Doesn't take much to just be pleasant - you don't even have to like a person, just be polite and move on.  I like having doors opened for me, or held open, and I like any kind of polite assistance from someone.  Why not?  I like to help too if I can.

A real biggy for me is people who let their dogs bark.  They put them out and forget about them and it is pouring rain or freezing out or hot in the sun with no shade and the poor things just want in.  Now that produces stress for me.

Sunny
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I no longer talk to me brother because not only is he codependent but he is a chronic complainer. I also remove people from my mail list if they send me hate mail. This gives you second hand anxiety and is very negative. It is stressful and can not even in my book be considered exposure do to the fact that no one should have to put up with it. I do not like people that drive and talk on there cell phone but it is a fact of the stupidity that is considered acceptable in our world. 
Sorry but due to the stressful nature and negativity of pet peeves I will not participate past this point.

Davit.
Pet peeves are not good behaviours to cultivate with the conditions on this forum.

However, with the growing disapproval of distracted driving laws, I feel okay about feeling irritated with drivers who use their cellphones or eat their cereal with silverware while making left turns at peak traffic hours in major urban traffic.  Two days ago, one driver was eating spagetti with a fork in gridlocked traffic in a major city!  4 weeks ago, one shopper was walking so slowly in a a grocery market, she would have been going backwards if she was any slower, since she was so engrossed in her conversation with someone on her blackberry, and blocking other shoppers, since she was oblivious to our need to get around her.

Reading this thread: