Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Lightheaded & Tired

15 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Mich991 forgot to add about the tired part. That's me too! It is very common to be tired when your stressed, anxious, and worried. Even though you are anxious and can't be still, it's just useless energy. You can be so tired and unable to sleep just because of the giddiness. Thats how it is for me anyways. Again, If it gets to bad, I take a klonopin and it calms me down enough to sleep or get something done.
15 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mich991! You are not alone. I experience this at some point almost daily. I've been to my doctor, and ear nose and throat doctor, and eye doctor and even my counsler and phsyc. doctor think it is anxiety or the medication. I feel lightheaded or like my depth perception is off. I don't have the spinning sensation however at times i do feel as if i'm falling. If I get real bad I take a clonopin and it helps. my family doctor gave me pills for this but i'm reluctant to take them unless the room actually does start spinning. I think you will find that many members with very high anxiety experience this at some point. Mine is worse a week before and the week of my period. MUCH WORSE!!!!
15 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi mich991,

Please consult your MD. Although lightheadedness is a listed symptom associated with panic disorder, you should be evaluated further to rule out other potential causes.

In the meantime, try taking 30 seconds between each shift in position.

For ex: Going from lying to sitting, take a 30 second pause before getting up to a standing position.

I hope this helps,

Ashley, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello,

For the past few weeks I have been really lightheaded and really tired all the time. Even when I get a good night sleep I am still really tired/lightheaded all day long until I go to bed again. Just wondering if anyone has any advise on how to deal with being lightheaded/tired all the time. Are there any techniques or foods or anything that you have found that get rid of the lightheadedness? I hate not feeling like myself and having that foggy/can't focus feeling when I am lightheaded. When I was originally diagnosed with GAD a few years ago I was having the same kind of issues occasionally but they seemed to disappear and now I am getting them again all the time not just occasionally. Hopefully someone can provide some advise!! Thanks

Reading this thread: