Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Hi, new here

8 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Kelleym,

Congrats on getting started. I am sorry to read that you have been feeling so anxious for so long. That sounds incredibly hard. Good for you for coming here to try to find support. You WILL get this under control. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy is the gold standard treatment for anxiety disorders and that is what this program is based on. Take your time with the program and be sure to do all the homework. Aiming for one session a week and one thought record a day is a good goal; however, you can go slower if you feel the need.

Have you had a chance to get started yet? Any questions so far?
Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My problem is, as long as I'm busy with work, kids etc., I tolerate the anxiety better. As soon as I slow down in the evening and try to relax, bam, that's when the panic hits. I feel tired from running full speed constantly trying to stay busy and then tired from the constant high level of tension that I hold in my body. I think it is just nearly impossible for me to be fully relaxed ever again lol. I've even had massages and still leave their knotted up. It's exhausting.
8 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It sounds like your on the right track then. I've never taken Xanax because of my own phobias but I know it can work work well in tandem with an antidepressant. It's good that you called your theraphist. Theraphy has been very important in helping me sort out what causes my stress and aniexty. From there I look for ways to manage those things. The hard part for me is that it's not so easy to manage stress when your busy and not feeling well and have a lot going on in your life. That's always been a huge part of my own issues. For instance I would usually go to the gym and try and do some cardio when I can to help burn off some stress, but I've been injured for the past few months with back issues, and now I'm not going to the gym. See the problem.
I am. I see my PCP for my medicines and I have a therapist who I saw on a regular basis until a couple years ago, now on an as needed basis. I left a message for her today to get in to see her soon. I really think I've built a tolerance to the Xanax I take at bedtime, then as it wears off toward morning, I get that all day mid to high level of anxiety. My goal is really to get off the Xanax and get back to sleeping without meds.
8 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Same here KelleyM.

I'm 44, and my panic attacks started when I was about 22 and in college. I've also had many years where I didn't have any issues, and have recently started having attacks again so I know what your going through. First off I recommend finding a good therapist who specializes in Panic and Panic Disorders. Are you currently seeking any treatment?
Hi, I just came across this site and have decided to try the program. I am 40 years old, started having panic at 22. I'm diagnosed with panic disorder with agoraphobia. I've had times that I've went months, even years without an attack, but everyday I have an overall high level of anxiety. This year has been tough and in the past two months, I've had several full blown attacks. I want to get it under control, before it gets out of control as it has in my past. 

Reading this thread: