Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,492 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Hello everyone.newbie with panic disorder/anxiety

8 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thankyou in1peace what a clever name :) nice to meet you
8 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Nightingale! Wanted you to know we support you! Illness mixed with anxiety is very confusing. I have Narcolepsy and sometimes I think my anxiety comes from never feeling rested. Davit has a wealth of knowledge and experience. You will find encouragement here! 
thankyou Davit i do have a sun lamp too i used it last winter and it does help i think
8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RDA for calcium is too low if you have anxiety. Yes low Vitamin D increases the effects of anxiety. I have a SAD light. I'm going to start using it again. I haven't been outside enough. I think it takes a while to get Vitamin D back up to normal. 

Davit. 
hi forgot to say have already seen gp prior to findign this programme.she repeated bloods and all ok apart from the vit D which was even lower than last time.calcium is fine at moment thanks Davit but it maybe not working as good if my vit D is so low.i red low vit d can in itself highen anxiety feelings

gp suggested its the grief thats caused excess anxiety that and with me being houusebound with little support

i have read the section on grief tonight and it says complicated relationships can cause even more complicated grief.it was good to see that in black and white and makes it easier for me to understand why i am feelign like i am still.on top of that 2 sisters are still not talking to me since the funeral as they do not understand my illness and didnt understand why i said i coudnt go along with all the planned services.i had to concentrate on just the main service.

this in itself has caused a lot of stress.and as a family we have not talked about the loss of my dad so ive noone to share the mixed up emotions with.

my gp said she could only offer me anxiety meds for a few weeks but said this was just temporary and id still have to face the feelings at the ends of 2 weeks so i declined the offer and decided to search elsewhere which is when i found here

8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nighingale

How is your calcium. Calcium is necessary for Serotonin to work. Calcium is calming. Calcium needs Vitamin D to be absorbed.

Davit
8 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am glad you will get to see your GP. It's good to eliminate physical reasons for anxiety. Keep us posted on how it goes!
hi everyone thanks for your replies nice to meet you

i am under a gp who havent been particularly helpful to me i dont think over the years.i have had anxiety issues a long time too but this was increased 8months ago when my father passed suddenly and i havent seen him for a year particularly with beign housebound so my illness suddenly became to me an extreme burden which i had sort of accepted prior to that but i now feel ive missed so much and i feel desperate to get better

i will talk to my gp again about this program.i havent started it yet to be honest.i made an appointment with my gp but it takes 3 weeks to see her they are so busy.i am sure she will say this is a good idea though as i was recommended cbt but couldnt go to the therapist centre

i suffer severe M.E diaetic neurpoothy and hypothyrodism but i have been checked medically recently with bloods so i know its not those causing extra anxiety symptoms.i am sever vit D deficicnet though so that maybe contributing.i am now on 2000 vit d a day
8 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would love it if I had something helpful but I do not. But I did want to drop in and say hello :)
8 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome nightingale,

I am sorry to read what you have been experiencing. It sounds very challenging and frustrating. We are here to read whenever you need to post.

I am sure you have already spoken to a doctor but I just want to confirm you are under a doctors care? Some of the symptoms you mention could certainly be related to severe anxiety or perhaps anxiety combined with another illness but it is important to get all symptoms assessed by a doctor. If you have already done that and are following your doctors suggestions then also be sure to inform your doctor about this program. The program is based on cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) principles. CBT is the gold standard treatment for anxiety. Some of the aspects of the program might need review by your doctor or therapist. For example, the section on simulating panic might be difficult for some people with other health issues. 

How are you feeling today? Have you had a chance to get started on the program?

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: