Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Ten Years of Anxiety.....Ready To Move Forward

11 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much Red......It does help to know I am not alone on this journey. I am home alone for a couple hours this morning, and started feeling it coming on so I hopped on here to do my homework, and see if any of you were around....You guys are such a life saver right now!!

Thanks so much for being here, and I am working my way through the program......I just keep telling myself this morning that better days are coming!!! I just hate this feeling I have right now :( being alone for a little bit I should be able to enjoy and not spend it scared of what will happen!!

11 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lesia, Just checked the site and saw your question for me..It depends what type of med it is..I don't take psych meds tried it many times before and it just made my anxiety much worst in my case..They work great for some just not for me that's all. So don't anyone post and tell me how I should take this or that..It is a personal choice we all make and I have made my choice. Live and let live as they say..As of other meds..I have some blood pressure meds the doc wanted me to try again that I took last year about this time of year..She gave me the same med to try again over 20 days ago..I haven't been able to make myself try this drug again..in fact I have 3 shoe boxes full of med's that I have tried and can't make myself take..So yes I would have to say I get a bit freaked out over taking meds..I do take lasix a few times a week which I do need to help with a heart problem I have..and I only take it because I am more afraid of downing from fluid in my lungs than I am of the medication..Been there done that before and it was very scary..I also have a breathing medicine I don't take..Some meds are good and some are not it's the trying them out that's scary for me and it goes round and round like that..You are not alone in your fear of meds.

Red..
Also Red I wanted to ask you a question. When you take a medicine for whatever reason, do you always have a major panic attack? Recently I had a uti, and was put on antibiotic, and even that just freaked me out!! I was so afraid until I had been on them a few days, but could not take them without my husband right there, and still I had the worst ever anxiety.

I have the worst fear of medicine, well actually a lot of things. I feel really bad because my Dr will prescribe me meds, and I try to take them, but just can't :( and I so want to feel better, but just can't!!

Thanks Red,

I can't wait!! I am able to leave with my husband, I can pretty much conquer anything if he is with me!! The problem is I miss my indepenence, and can't wait to get a little of that back.

At first I could not leave home, and then I had a panic attack at home alone, and now afraid to be alone.......It's just a constant battle....Ugggg!!

It helps that I have an extremely supportive family, and now you guys........So Thank You!!!!

Hi Lesia,
Your welcome..Nice to hear from you again..Glad your here..Keep working on the program and  going out will get easier and easier in time..May need a little tune up from time to time like me but thats ok too..The program and forum is always here for us to use when we need it..Post your thoughts anytime you want or need to Day or Night..I know talking out loud or writing out loud as it is here has helped me on many many occasions..Oh and by the way I don't take meds either..I am afraid of meds too..I do leave the house with my safe person and have been doing so for a long time now..I even go out by myself sometimes too..You will too.

Well got to go for now..Talk to you again next time..
Hope to hear from you again soon..

Red...
11 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are very welcome.

Anxiety certainly does not end your life. Anxiety disorders are actually quite common and very managable. CBT is one of the most effective treatments for anxiety so you are in the right place.

I look forward to sharing this journey with you. You have a lot to look forward to.

Ashley, Health Educator
Hello Red, and Ashley! Thanks for the nice welcome, I am excited to be here with you. I have been working on the homework section, and really can't wait to move forward.

My son was recently diagnosed with anxiety, and for his sake and mine I have to find a way to show him it does not end your life. I am afraid of everything from leaving my home to taking any meds. Therefore I take nothing for my anxiety, because I have a fear of taking any meds.

I have tried reading books, and between the anxiety and not being able to leave my home I even invented a product that is now on the market. I have had to make two trips to Chicago to the Housewares Show to see it debut, and I made it with my husbands support. Not sure what I would do without people like you, and my wonderful supportive husband.

Thanks for being here, and allowing me to share my experiences with you all.

11 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi txyellarose,

Welcome to the group! Very happy to hear you are excited to get started on the homework. Doing the homework regularly is essential to using CBT productively so starting out with a positive attitude regarding this is key. Nice work!

This program can help you get control over your fears. Keep working consistently on the program and you will get there. It is also a good idea to post often in the forums. You don't have to go through this alone. Check in often.

What are you most looking forward to in getting your life back?

Ashley, Health Educator
Hi Lesia, Welcome to the program and support..Sounds like you are off to a really good start..I drop in from time to time around here and was needing a little fine tuning so I am back working on parts of the program again..It's good to have you on board..Looking forward to hearing more from you and about all your successes..

Red...
Hello everyone, my name is Lesia. I have suffered from anxiety, and panic for almost ten years now. I hope this program can give me the relief  I am longing for. I went from one major panic attack to being afraid to leave my home, afraid to be alone, afraid to drive, well pretty much just afraid of everything.

I am in hopes that this program can help me to GET MY LIFE BACK!! I am so excited to have started, and looking forward to doing my homework this week......I can't wait to get to know more of you on the forums, and share our success stories together.

Reading this thread: