Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

introducing myself...

14 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sploshie,

Welcome to the site and thank you for sharing your experience with other members here. Take some time to acquaint yourself with the site and the resources available here. Many members report the 12-week program to be informative and useful in their own journey.

You mentioned that your panic is more difficult to deal with when you are at home. What could be the reason behind this? What is it about your home environment that could be triggering for you?

Members, can anyone else share their own experience with panic attacks in certain environments?

Sarah, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi, logged on because I was having a bad panic attack (bawling my eyes out because of the terror and calling everyone I know to try get someone up to me) Im 20 now and Ive had panic attacks since I was 16, was prescribed tablets but came off them cuz I thought I could go it alone which I was doing fine until I had to move back home again, everytime Im here they come back severely again whereas when Im away I can deal with them and they are mild. I think maybe it might be my mind associating my home town with panic attacks but Im so annoyed again, I feel like this is always going to have to be a part of me and even though I know loads of people that get them I feel like a freak around people when Im having them because know it must be really hard to understand, I just wish I could get rid of them, until 2 mins ago I was curled up in a ball crying my eyes out, I feellike a freak and a mad women?!! And why does it get why harder todeal with everytime Im home too?!?!? :(:(

Reading this thread: