Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Hello, I'm brand new.

15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello there Ivoryplum , its lovely to see you here again . Thanks for your update . Sounds like you are going in the right direction and are very brave in trying these methods .

Look forward to reading your posts again take care .

CD
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the update on the acupuncture! Keep us updated!
15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI, welcome.  I think acqupuncture is great, I had it once for anxiety, I just didnt look.  the needles were in my back and they vibrated, but afterwards it was amazing, I was so relaxed:) Keep us posted on how you are doing,
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much for letting us know how you're doing Ivoryplum. I'm sorry to hear that you're not getting the results you've hoped for, but keep at it. It sounds like you are doing much better, so keep up that positive attitude and you will be able to achieve anything!
Keep us posted!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the update.
I'm happy to hear your progress with acupuncture. 

15 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

So its been about 2 and a half months now that I've been going to acupuncture.  I know actually going to the appointments has helped my anxiety by just being in a room with needles in me...I've had to learn how to calm myself down.  We did a few tests and actually figured out I've had a bacteria in my stomach for the past 9 years (this is when I know some stomach symptoms started) and I have started taking medicine for that.  My stomach is doing much better, but I still have this constant spacey-ness.  We have a couple options for that...it could be just built up flem that gives me a cloudy mind, also last time I told her some more symptoms, and she said I could have fluid in my head, so we tried some new points and during the session I actually felt pressure relieve from my head!!  So we are going to keep going with that.  Its been awhile since I've updated you all, but I will try to keep these updates more regulary.  Unfortunately I was hoping for more drastic results than what they have been (taking the herbal stuff for stomach and head) but I will just keep on being patient.

The other week while I was waiting in line to get tea, my anxiety jumped up as I was ordering, and a symptom happened that I haven't felt for awhile (the passing out one)  It really irritated me that it came back, but I had to remind myself that the recovery process doesnt just continuely go up...it has its ups and downs, and you just have to accept that you didn't fail and to not give up.

I hope everyone is doing well!!  Give me an update with all of you!  I love to hear about that.  

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Ivoryplum!

I am starting to consider acupuncture lol. Thanks for sharing with us. I am glad you are doing so well!

-Diva
15 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ivoryplum,

Wow! Look at you go! Congrats! You're making fantastic progress!

Don't forget to also keep working through the program.

What trigger will you tackle next?

Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Ivoryplum , it was lovely to hear from you . Espically the great post . You sound like you are doing so well thats wonderful . I will definately have ago at acupunture one day . Did they tell you how many sessions on average you will need ? I know its supposed to be quite a few .
15 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just an update for everyone!!
My anxiety is getting much better!
It seems like every week it gets a just a tiny bit better, but I'll take any improvement.
First, I'll start off with my Acupuncture appoints since I promised I'd let everyone know how they go.
Well, I must say...I'm starting to be impressed.
I have had 3 appointments so far, the first one being the hardest for my anxiety, the second a little easier...and this last one went the BEST
out of all of them.  I'm actually getting excited about the next appointment!
The first 2 appointments I had needles in my legs, since it was an easy spot...but this last time I had on on my forehead, in my right hand,
and on my left foot.
I must say, it was very difficult for the one in my forehead, it felt a little weird...but it was in there for about 25 minutes and I just had to learn to
keep myself calm, that what I was doing is beneficial.
After she took the needles out, I don't know what was up...but I felt extremely comfortable being there, usually I'm out of the place once shes
done, but this time I stayed in the room and talked to her asking questions for 10 minutes without any problem!
Then last night I went into Starbucks for the first time since my anxiety worsened and stood in line for some tea, albeit it was hard and I was
shaking...I felt great knowing what I accomplished.
I then went inside Barnes & Noble for awhile without any problem.
Then I went to a local record store for a bit...then to the beach, then drove half an hour to another city.
I was seriously everywhere last night, and not once while I was driving did I get anxious...only when I went into the places.
And today I went to the store and it was the least anxious I've ever been.
I'm starting to get more hope from this acupuncture.  Even if it doesnt do anything, think about what I had to do...be in this room with
needles in me and find a way to calm myself down.
Let me go to the acupuncture a few more times, and then I'll let everyone know if it really is helping that much.
But honestly, I'd really recommend people try it.  I never would've thought I'd make it in there...ever ever...I was terrified.  But oh wow, I am so
glad now that I went.

Sorry for the long update.
I haven't posted on here in awhile and wanted to spill everything. haha.
Hope everyone had a wonderful day.

Reading this thread: