Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Hi, I'm Alaina and I have depression

5 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Welcome Alaina!

Thank you for sharing a bit about what you have been going through. I think working on the program is a great idea. I look forward to hearing about how are you doing with it. I see you have already completed the first chapter. Nice work!

I am very sorry to read about the sexual assault you mentioned. That would be anxiety and depression provoking in anyone. It is normal to have lots of confusing emotions after a traumatic experience. Sometimes talking to a supportive loved one or counsellor can really help you through. I am not sure where you are located but there are lots of free services for individuals who have been assaulted. A quick search of community resources might be helpful. Sometimes there are free counselling services but they often require being on a wait list. Not sure if you feel this is required but it's worth a thought.

I am also sorry to read about how your family reacted to your bisexuality. You are so strong for telling your truth. I think it is beautiful. I can see how it would be upsetting, alienating and even make you question yourself to get a negative reaction about who you are. That is not easy to deal with. Have you spoken to anyone in the LGBTQ+ community about this? Sometimes talking to someone who has been through it can offer a lot of insight and support. You don't have to deal with these stressors alone.

It has been some time since you posted last. How are you doing today?

Ashley, Health Educator

5 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi guys,

I am trying really hard to make light of this situation and the fact that I have depression. My topic is called "Hi, I'm Alaina and I have depression" because I find it funny in movies when characters are so miserable to be at AA meetings or anything similar. I was definitely not forced to be on this site, but it do think that it is torture to be living with depression and anxiety. I used to have panic attacks 4 years ago from 12 pm to 5 am. I would throw up acid because I literally had nothing left in my stomach. One year went by and I changed my lifestyle so that I would not get panic attacks. I had to change the time I went to bed, I used essential oils in a diffuser, and watched a simple show or movie to get me to sleep. Recently, I came out to my family as bisexual. It was not met with a great acceptance which enabled negative thoughts about myself as well as doubt. I also was recently the victim of a minor sexual assault and did not receive help from the institution involved, which, again, enabled negative thoughts. This brings me to today, I am trying to find a way to deal and cope with depression. I am excited to learn more about CBT and I hope to hear back from any of you who can relate to me.

Take care!

Reading this thread: