Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Ok, panic versus anxiety

17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes sometimes i feel sad and such. Negative thoughts can do that to you. I think we all have those kinds of weepy days where we just feel sad and afflicted and like crying. That is normal. But if you find yourself feeling really sad for more then 50% of the time for a month or 100% of the time for two weeks and if you start lacking interest for everything even the stuff you love most then i suggest you just get information on depression, talk to your therapist or to your doctor and they will be able to tell you if you are just sad or if you are starting a depression. HEck even if you have none of the symptoms above you can talk to your doctor or shrink and get info if it will make you feel better. I know that i have had depressions in the past. So on days where i feel really sad , or just sad i get real freaked out and afraid i will get depressed again. But as Isabella told me. We all have those days and it is normal. I have noticed that those days usually pass and then i feel better. Anyway i kinda rambled a lot here and i hope this answered your post at least a little bit lol Take care :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angel, If you think you might be depressed, we have a sister site that may help you: www.depressioncenter.net It isn't uncommon for both conditions to exist together. Danielle ______________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Diva, Thanks for answerign my post! I am doing well. I really cannot complain because i have not suffered from a panic attack in the past year or so. It really has to do alot with what this program taught me, and also with the natural route I took. I am seeing a homeopathic doctor and taking a natural remedy that is customized for my situation. Its really helping! I just have anxiety everydayyyyyyy and i feel every symptom of anxiety on a daily basis. They get really bad sometimes which leads them up to a panic attack.....but then i can somewhat stop it from going into a big attack. So i can say that i have not had an attack for a while. I"m extremely grateful for that. I have learned so much from this program and from myself. I just wish this anxiety/deppression would just leave me alone!!!! Do you feel depressed or sad sometimes for no reason? I just think soooooooooo negative all the time, it really wears me out!!!
Yes angel i do suffer from anxiety throughout the days . I am diagnosed with GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) Which means i am anxious all the time and worry about everything and nothing all the time. I am also diagnosed with panic attacks with agoraphobia (among other things lol). So yeah i get where you are coming from lol. I am being specific here but usually when people ask i just tell them i am a nervous person who worries a lot lol. Thanks for answering this thread and helping us figure out the anxiety vs panic thing. Much appreciated^^ and you how are you doing? Hope to hear more from you soon! -Diva
17 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You girls are so cute! hehe I can relate to your posts. Yes, panic attacks can have different intensities. The reason why they ask you to rate it from 1-10 is because people can have realllyyyy big panic attacks or just ones that were bad, but not sooo hard to handle. They all vary in intensity. I also have confusion sometimes between anxiety and panic. Well, its not so much confusion anymore because i have learned to somewhat distinguish them from one another. I have general anxiety throughout each and every day! Its pretty annoying. And panic attacks are usually just those sudden attacks as Danielle described above. Do any of you suffer from anxiety on a daily basis such as breathing difficulty, uneasiness when out, negative thinking, feel sad and anxious for no reason etc etc????? let me know!
17 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh sure thing! ;)
Maggie! Just be sure i can recognize you out there please. I enjoy our exchanges and i would like to know it is you lol Thanks -Diva
17 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you SO kindly Danielle, I may use a new account after all ( I will try and incorporate my name into my nickname anyways). Thank you, thank you, and thank you again. :)
Thanks that cleared things up further for me :) -Diva

Reading this thread: