Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Meds, Meds, Meds

8 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hope you have a peaceful and restful vacation. Be sure to let us know how it goes!

Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I also get chest pains when I am anxious and they make me even more anxious. 

I hope your vacation is awesome!
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's what I'm hoping for...2 weeks of nothingness.  To me...a vacation is not spending every day sightseeing or going places. My ideal vacation is to have no where to be....nothing I have to do...several good books...and just a calm, relaxing atmosphere. 
8 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The beach will be excellent for you! Soak up the sun and let the rhythmic ocean carry you away. I sleep to ocean sounds. I'm sorry that this has been an ongoing thing for you. Keep focusing on how healthy the rest of you is. Your body can't maintain that if your heart isn't working properly. I think your heart is fine. My anxiety leads to chest pains also. I have to remember to breathe slowly to help the false fear subside.
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So...my anxiety has been through the roof since the first of the month.  I've said before...I get chest pain which sends my anxiety through the roof.  I've had cardiac and GI tests (all normal), yet I still have this pain.  I have it every day, and it can be at any time and last for hours.

Anyway...the pain was really bad for several days, and it pretty much sent me into crisis.  

I had weaned off Lyrica at the end of July (on my docs recommendation) as I didn't think it was working...so that left me on Zoloft.   When I realized how bad I was getting (after fighting it for longer than I should) I restarted Lyrica and saw my doc last Friday.  She could also see how bad I was and totally agreed with restarting Lyrica, and increasing it from the dose I was on previously. She also wanted me off work for a bit, but I said no.  I'm on holidays for 2 weeks after tomorrow...so I just needed to get through this week.  My doctor and I decided to start me on 0.5 mg of clonazepam twice a day...just to chill me out and get me through this week.  

I've actually felt pretty good this week...anxiety and chest pain wise...but the clonazepam knocks me out.  I feel like a zombie and could sleep all day.  I don't want to be dependent on benzos...so my plan is to wean down/off clonazepam over a couple of days once I'm on holidays.  

I'm not worried about withdrawal...I don't think I've been on it long enough to worry about that.  I am worried about regressing and going back to being anxious and having chest pain..  

Anyway...hopefully things go well and I have a relaxing 2 weeks away from work. I'm going home (to my hometown).  I have no plans for until the Labour Day long weekend.  I get to look after my fur-niece, Princess Madison.  I hope to go to the trailer and the beach and just do whatever I want...or do absolutely nothing.

Reading this thread: