Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,489 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Medication Change....Again :(

9 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The weather was fine....one day of a bit of humidity when it rained overnight....but otherwise perfect vacation weather.  However it could have rained every day and it would have been "perfect" weather....compared to the weather we've had here in Ontario this winter.  We didn't have one day over the freezing mark in February.
9 years ago 0 219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cardio,

It is frustrating. I have been on 4 different SSRI's since June of 2014. Finally got the Drs approval that with the reactions I've had that I would not be put on another one. I was concerned going to the pharmacy to pick up my medication that there would be yet another SSRI to try. Thankfully there wasn't. It's very frustrating explaining to Drs and the changes our bodies go through when being changed from one medication to another.

How was the humidity in Florida when you were on vacation? I've heard there is a link between barometric pressure/ humidity and anxiety disorders. Just hear say, but I'm going to research it. 
Thanks Davit.

9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi 
good rant. I don't blame you. I can remember being upset when it seemed nothing worked. You know if SSRIs don't work you can try the other antidepressant, a tricyclic antidepressant. Works on a different neurotransmitter.

I'm doing two things with my anxiety that are working. Since SSRIs don't build Seratonin they only keep you from losing it I've changed my diet to one that builds more of it and actually gets it in my brain instead of my body. Seems this is common knowledge to everyone except those who need to know. The other thing is a type of coping skill I call stacks that uses pleasant neutral thought instead of positive to get rid of anxious thoughts. Three other people I know are using this. It isn't meditation. 

Davit. 

Ps, is it possible going on holiday just reduces the demand on Seratonin. 
So my doctor and I have decided to change my GAD meds...for the 3rd time.  

When I first started having problems again with anxiety in December 2013/January 2014 I started on Cipralex as I'd been on it for a number of years and it worked well (I was off it for about 12 months and did alright).  After about 8 months (and being at the max dose), the Cipralex wasn't working as well as I wanted so I switched to Effexor in August .  Again...it wasn't working so switched to Celexa at the end of November.  And again...I've maxed out the dose on Celexa without the results I want....so I'm now going to wean down/cross over to Zoloft.  

I actually first started on Zoloft when I first started having problems with anxiety back in university in 2003.  I don't know why/when I switched from Zoloft to Cipralex....however.  

I'm also waiting on a referral to the AMHOP clinic at the hospital I work at.  

I'm just getting very frustrated and angry with this stupid anxiety.  I am doing everything I can but it seems like nothing is working (except for when I was on vacation in Florida last month....my anxiety was pretty good the....hmmm).

Anyway....sorry for the rant.  I hope everyone else is making some progress with their anxiety.  

Reading this thread: