Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,485 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd

Feeling anxious, trying to ward off an attack

9 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pongo,

Lots of great advice from the group!

Journaling can also help you pinpoint your triggers and be able to use coping mechanisms to help guide you through.

Keep posting and do take the time to go through the program, there are lots of great tools as well.

Josie, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Journalling does a number of things but mostly it shows that the thought is not realistic, it also serves as a distraction but the most important thing it does is put a positive thought into memory.

Davit
9 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One person said the best defence, is a good offense. There are a lot of things that can be done preventatively, to minimize the attacks, and they're in the programme. My favourite tool is progressive relaxation, along with diet and exercise.
9 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi,

With my anxiety I take every little symptom a nd turn it into I must be having a heart attack. I just had a severe coughing episode (I know that it is from my allergies which are severe) and I think I might have pulled a muscle in my chest. Now I am sitting here trying so very hard not to give into my anxious thoughts and have a full blown panic attack at work (it would be my fourth here). I was hoping that maybe by writing about it I could outlast my panic cycle and be ok. I really hate this...

Reading this thread: