Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Afraid of Work?

12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunflower Painter, 

This is a post from Hugs4U :
"Hi Sp,
It's the first "module" at the beginning of the program under the Toolbox, at the top of the toolbar."

Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Which anxiety test?
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunflower,

This may be a mute question , but have you take the anxiety test?  It can help you pinpoint areas to work on and help "discover" your triggers.

Taking it from the top can help you move forward in your progress.  Once you realize your triggers you can begin to use the exposure therapy to assist you.

Hope this helps,

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi SP,
It's nice to hear from you.

I find that depending on how I responded to jobs, my weight would fluctuate.  Some jobs I fit into, and some weren't a perfect match.  Apparently there's a chemical called cortisol which triggers eating when I'm under stress.

Then there's the basic calories we take in, and how active we are.

Those are just the basics, but i'm going to continue pursuing weight management by taking a course or seeing a dietician.

There's a sister site under "more help" on the toolbar, but I haven't looked into it yet.  This site has helped me lower stress by providing a place for support, since the world can be awfully lonely.

Please let us know how you're doing, since I always look forward to your icon
12 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have had a lot of time off due to Good Friday and Easter Monday and now I am set to go back to work tomorrow and I am feeling those same dull nagging feelings. I am full of panic and anxiety and I am not sure if I can trust myself. I am not sure if theses feelings are because my job stink or because of me? Maybe it won't matter what job I am doing? I really can't imagine my life going on like this. I want to just go to work and work, not worry so much.

I feel like my stomach is being twisted and I can't stop over eating. I go right for the sugars and it helps for a moment or two but I am now way too over weight. I gain 35lbs since I started this job!

I really wish I could figure out if it is my or the job?

Reading this thread: