Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,489 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Too many issues at once!

12 years ago 0 424 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
First...let me say bless your heart!!
If i were there,i would give you a big HUG!!!!
My sweet husband and i are on fixed incomes,and that is such a strain on us right now with the economy the way it is..
Your not alone!
Were not looseing our house as of yet,but its very hard to hang on..our youngest son age 40,has had to move back in with us,as he lost his job..i lost my part time job last fall..so yes,its tuff out there!
We are checking into refinacing our home,we dont owe all that musch,but if it will lower the payments, we would do that..
Have you considerd that?
Were also going to refinace our car too, anything to lower those payments!!
Good luck!
Bren
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi KittyMarie,

It certainly sounds like you have much on your plate. I'm sorry that all this is happening to you. Be gentle with yourself. These things are going to take time to 'solve' and you need to take care of yourself first and foremost. Keep doing our program. Put some of the strategies to work so that you can function at your highest level during this intense time. Counselling for yourself or you and your husband is an idea that would help you remain a team and work together. What other support do you have?
Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi KittyMarie:  Oh boy, yes, you do have a plateful.  Sometimes you have to start at the beginning and go step by step.  One thing at a time, otherwise you will get overwhelmed.  What can you do today to let yourself relax?  Start from there.  There are things we can't control. 
Your stepdaughter may be one of those, she does what she wants, when she wants, as you mentioned.  Unfortunately, she owns the consequences and will have to live with them.  She is young, she will blame everyone but herself, this is pretty normal with teenagers.  Ignore her outbursts and tell her you love her anyway.  How about some family counseling?

Another issue is the house.  That is certainly filled with anxiety and stress.  I'm sure your husband and you have checked out every available source for help.  It's hard to start over, I've been there, I know.  Sometimes you just have to accept it and do the best you can and start at the beginning, as above.  Just know you didn't do anything wrong, these things happen. 
Every morning give your hubby a big hug, let him know you stand beside him in decisions made for the family.  Hopefully you can make decisions together.  He's needing some support too.  He'll be glad you reached out and maybe he will hug you too and reassure you that things will be o.k. even if you do lose the house.  An apt. is fine, cozy, and remember, it's not the building which is the home, it's the people in the abode who make the place a home.

I'm going to say some prayers for you.  It's not easy, keep the faith and believe.

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I also need to clarify that the blog was her public blog. She connected this blog somewhere I could find it. It was easy to find so it was not like she was hiding the fact that she thinks I'm a horrible person. She has made my self-esteem go down the drain. I know in my heart that I have done nothing like she described. I basically have no respect left for her and for her to come across and tell others flat out lies about me I find unacceptable. And yet I'm the one who apologized to her and she did not apologize to me bad. Somehow I feel like I've done all I can in this situation. If there is anything else I'm missing or something I can do better please I'm open to suggestions. I'm trying to work things out in a way that it is not going to effect my anxiety anymore. Thanks!
13 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've had a huge set back. I was actually doing very well with the program at first. I thought I would just put this program on idle for awhile and try to handle the stress and anxiety alone. Well, that has not worked at all.

My husband and I are in financial hardships. We are losing our house. This has been putting a pressure on our relationship. We have been trying to communicate and deal with it as best we can. Talking to each other, and communicating our feelings about the situation. I'm under a huge amount of stress and my panic attacks are now waking me up in my sleep. If the lack of sleep was not enough I know have large amounts of anxiety due to other issues in the house.

The other major issue, besides financial problems, is my stepdaughter. She decided she was going to move out for 3 months and not consult her dad about this. Well, my husband let her without confronting her or asking why. Basically, she wanted to move out and live with her friend & parents. As far as we knew she was doing her homework etc. Well, we found out not too long ago, after she moved back home (once again without consulting us), this was not the case. She decided that she was not going to complete high school. A little background, is that she had a chance to complete high school and college (2-yr degree) at the same time. Now this was her choice. She was not pressured into this. She decided it on her own. Now she decides that it is all our faults that she is not graduating high school because we pressured her into this. Wrong! 

This has started a whole issue about her trying to turn my husband against me. And how she has a delusion that I'm trying to turn her dad against her. So this has put huge pressure on my relationship with my husband. My stepdaughter has been caught in numerous lies involving hubby, me and her real mother and her stepfather. Some lies were even posted on a public blog of yours and I found it on accident!

I have been the bigger person and apologized for anything that I might have said or did that caused an issue, but have yet to get an apologize from her. Her dad keeps asking her when she is going to apologize and she keeps using every excuse not to. Everything from I look mad to, I said something to her that hurt her feelings to a whole bunch of other reasons. I have not done anything to her or said anything. In fact, last night was the first time in about 2 weeks we had a conversation that was more then 2 sentences.

It's an emotional mess that I have been trying to keep myself out of. But I keep getting told I'm saying things I have not said, or putting things across in a way that I have not done. Or bringing up past stuff that I have not! I'm tired of being put in the middle of something that is clearly not my fault.

Not only is this giving me panic attacks, but now I'm not sleeping at night, and my appetite is a roller coaster. First I'm starving then I'm not hungry. And the other day I've started crying spells for no reason. I simply don't know what to do anymore.

I refuse to apologize again. There is too much kitchen sinking and counterpunching going on. All my stepdaughter wants to talk about when I confront her is her mother or what her father does. She is not addressing her issue with me at all. She is dancing around the whole topic. I'm the one with anxiety issues and I don't feel like confronting her again and asking what the beef is, is going to be counterproductive in my healing.

What can I do to fix this or help fix this? Or is there something I can do to make things better? My husband feels I'm not doing enough. Frankly, I'm walking on egg shells in my own house and just want June to come fast so she will move out to live with her "real" mom and this issue will be over. I'm terrible with confrontations and it only causes me to have the even more anxiety!

Reading this thread: