Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Any tips to help would be appreciated!

17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Jen, Sue and Madara, thanks for your congratulations and for your advice :) I kinda needed this today, I have two finals to do in one day and i am very tired..., But all your messages have helped me feel more up to the task so thanks again :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 144 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, I can completely understand you. That was my fright during my university years. The time, when I had to write and present my Bachelor paper was very tough for me. It was the time I was in clynical depression. So, imagine how hard it was for me to pull myself together. I wrote my Bachelor paper without the help of my advisor. I slept only some hours at night. Very hard time for me, again.. At the day of my presentation I felt like really sick (physically and mentally). When I get to the Univeristy, I realized that I will not be alone with my opponents, there will be other people presenting their Bachelor papers as well (about 20 of them) and listening to my presentation. The scenario is like this: one comes in front of the class, presents his/her paper and then sits and listens to others presenting their papers. When it was my time to present the paper, I thought I will go crazy. I started to speak, I was so nervous and anxious I hardly could stand there in front of the class. I started to tremble. Tt as so embarrasing! Others looked at me like they have understood "This girl is really a nervous case". I was so ashamed of myself!!! I looked at my opponent, she was hiding her head in her hands. That was the highest point, the culmination :D I stopped to speak for a moment. Then I thought "I don't care what others think. The worst thing has happended- finally they have seen me panicking. The most important thing for me is to present my Bachelor paper and then I will be free of this stress!" I took a deep breath and although I was still trembling, I continued to speak. (A note- I had to present my paper in English and it is not my native language, so imagine how difficult it is in panic situations to think and speak another (foreign) language!) But I did it. I presented my paper and got a mark. The mark was not very good because of my nervous presentation although the paper was quite OK. But I didn't care about it anymore. I had graduated from University (finally) and it was a relief for me. When I got out of the class, I was crying but not because of my mark. I was crying because this was a relief after such intense inner pressure. What I wanted to tell you by this is: 1. At extremal situations we can pull ourselves together if we really w
17 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Diva, I am just so impressed !! I haven't had a panic attack for 4 years now, but I don't think I could just get up in front of a class and do a presentation !! Thats quite something, and you should be really proud of yourself !! Its such a difficult thing to do for anyone, let alone some-one who has / had anxiety , so well done, thats fantastic !!
17 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Diva. I think we all understand exactly what a big deal something like a presentation is-i had one about this time last year and it was just about when panic attacks started making a huge impact on my life- i honestly made myself ill over it and in the end my tutor asked me to email it to him instead.Anyway, it really is a huge thing you've accomplished if you think about how hard it can be for an anxious person even to do the 'mundane' and 'simple' things - i know this is the case for me anyway- so try to think about how strong you must be to have dealt with that - and let it lift you when you're having an off day or feeling down. xxxxx
Aww thanks Isabelle that means a lot to me. Yeah it was pretty scary lol But i did it!I am pretty rpoud of that one. And thanks for taking time to write this to me :) -Diva <3
17 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, I am so proud of you because I know how horrible and terrifying presentations can be. I had one last quarter and I was scared to death! This is a major victory on your part and this goes to show that you are winning when it comes to your anxiety. Way to go!!!! ~Isabella~
Aww thanks arteest :) I really appreciate you taking the time to send me kudos <3 The encouragement I get from all of you really helps a lot :)Thanks again :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Diva - Major Kudos!!! Congrats on your victory. I'm just amazed that you went and did it - and got through it. You doing so well at the actual presentation was just gravy eh? lol I'm so happy you turned something so scary into a positive. Keep up the great work! :) Arteest
Thank you radha that is very nice of you :) Take care too :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Diva on the presentation. You should celebrate your victory. Take care. Radha :)

Reading this thread: