Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

I don't know if this is in the appropriate section but,,,,

16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you, everyone has been so supportive of me here, it really helps a lot. Thank you :) -Diva <3
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, Wonderful success and thanks for sharing! It makes me smile to hear the happiness in your voice! Continue to work through and challenge those thoughts, your progress is amazing :) Josie _____________________________ The Panic Center Support Team.
16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys! Well, at first I was feeling silly doing exposure work ion my hubby. But I really had attached much anxiety and such to him and my relationship to him so I figured if he was ready to cooperate it was worth the try! The exposure work with him (we do two kinds now) is really helping. I find I talk to him more easily and we have more fun together now. We even started doing stuff to have fun outside the exposure time which is nice. We still do the exposure work though since it is helping so much and helps me push the limits of what I feel comfortable with. He understands it is important to me and is very cooperative. We now have added sit-down supper to our exposure time and have had two successful suppers at the table together. Also, it is easier for me to have intimate moments with him like hugging, kissing and cuddling. The exposure work on that has been helping a lot. Plus, I think the other exposure work where we play together is helping with the intimacy issues too because it enabled me to feel trusting with him and associate time with him with good stuff lol. The exposure work is really helping and I intend to keep at it till I get to the end of my exposure plans because this issue is too important to me to not do it right. But I am happy to report that it is really helping and that doing exposure work on one's hubby if he is cooperating is not that silly after all lol. Also, well, this may be too much information sharing but I have managed to be intimate with my husband for the first time since December this week. He has been so gently and patient with me. And he knows there is still a long road ahead before I am really comfortable and we can be intimate more regularly. It was very emotional for me. I had missed him a lot and I finally feel like I am getting my marriage back one baby step at a time. Anyway, I have to go, I am taking a walk with my dad this afternoon and I bet he'd rather I wasn't still in my pyjamas for it lol Later guys! -Diva
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, That's so great! I'm so proud of you! You're making great progress! Keep it up. Danielle ________________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today, i managed to cuddle in bed a bit with my husband when he was waking up which was great for me. We hadn't cuddled in bed since december. Since december i have had trouble being in my bedroom and mostly being on or in my bed. Also i have had as you know from this thread anxiety abuot hanging out with my husband. I have been doing exposure work on both as i wrote in the what is your goal thread. So this morning it was nice to see that i not only managed to cuddle with him a bit but that it felt nice and ok. I can finally see some progress now. It is slow but it is there and with everybody's advice i am slowly getting back to having fun with my husband and being able to be close to him again. I am very grateful for all the advice and the support it really helps :) This morning was the small result of a long process but it makes me proud and mostly very happy. This morning was nice :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, Your most welcome. We're happy we could help! Please keep us posted on how you're both doing. Your experience will help many others out there! Danielle _____________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can totally relate to what everyone is saying on this topic! Sassy your post really struck out because I tend to over plan and try to obscess over something so that it's 'perfect', perfect vacation, perfect mom, perfect wife, perfect worker etc... It really struck home with me what you said about just playing by ear and see how it goes. Whew! I can feel the tension and anxiety decreasing in myself just typing those thoughts. lol. I also get anxious/up tight when my kids or husband is venting about something, again I think that's me 'taking on the responsibility' of 'fixing' everything. Arrg! Anyhow, I am going to start working on this with myself. How to just let things be and see what happens. It's sort of like letting control go.. there is no control. Anyhow, Thanks a bunch.
I had a long chat with my hubby in the past few days. We actually fought a lot but we still got some good chatting done. I think it will help. I am still anxious around him but we are working things out. We finally got a few of the issues underlying my anxiety towards him out of the way. I think it was a real productive talk. I just want to thank all of you who answered this thread your help and your advice has really been halping me solve this. It has helped me even in the exposure work i do with my husband so we get comfortable with each other again. so thanks a lot. this is not over but i think we are finally starting to make headway :) So i just wanted to say thanks to all of you :) I am very grateful. -Diva
Thanks Sassy that sounds like a real great thing to do. Will definetely give it a try :)I appreciate you taking the time to write this to me. Thank you. -Diva
17 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had the same issue in the past. Best advice: Eliminate the silent contracts. The ones where You think he may expect something from you, so you get worked up about it. Instead tell him, that you appreciate his love & support. And that it's easier to connect when you feel there's no expectations or pressure. In my case, my husband really wasn't having "expectations" but just being hopeful. When we agreed we'd just play it by ear & be flexible to go with the flow or how that day was. Then I was able to relax and the result was being able to connect more & more likely to go through with plans. He also feels reassured that I tell him that I know it's my thing and not anything he is doing wrong. Men sometimes like to "fix" things especially if it involves someone they care about. So if you feel anxious, ask yourself, do you KNOW he expects something, or are you assuming it (by the way he talks, doesn't talk, looks at you, whatever). Then say something like, "I feel a little anxious, worrying that you may expect___, can we just go with the flow and see how it goes?" More often or not, I'm sure he'll help knowing the less pressured you feel the better the event goes for both of you. He'll see it's in his best interest as well :) ~I have to say once we eliminated those silent contracts between us, our marriage has gotten much stronger, and when I do have a setback, he's more understanding & supportive because he feels more grounded in our relationship & knows there will be good times coming again. GOOD LUCK!

Reading this thread: