Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Do You Deal Well With Compliments?

12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You did great!

Congrats on your new look and on taking the lovely compliment!

Great success!

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have a difficult time with compliments, too, hugs and I also lost a lot of weight over the last year.  I think about how I feel when I give people complements - I want people to accept them.  So, now, if people pay me complements, I say "thank you" because I know they don't want me to disagree with them on their complement.  And sometimes...it feels really nice!
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've lost 16 pounds over 22 months, and 4 inches off my waist.  Today I was surprised to meet a second cousin who complimented me on my weight loss, and she introduced her children and nanny.  I mumbled something about not recognizing her out of context, to cloud the embarassing fact that I rarely go out anyway, and couldn't recognize her.

What was great was that I accepted the compliment, showing I'd changed something about me.  In the past, I think I would have trouble accepting a compliment.  I felt a lot better afterwards too, since that comment was a reminder of my hard work and respect for myself.

I wonder how others do with compliments?

Reading this thread: