Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,492 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

My new goal! Whats yours?

13 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,
I think you've done great at getting where you are now. Classes can be a waste of time for individuals because it is a group and unfortunately there's only one teacher. And it will be even more unfortunate if the teacher doesn't take it seriously and does it just for fun or a hobby. I guess it all depends on your priorities, on why you want to take the class. Do you go so you can practice exposure or do you want to really learn to quilt? I often wonder about school that way... is it a place to learn or is it a place to build your social skills, I guess, it's for both... but sometimes one can take away from the other. Some people can get a lot of motivation and dicipline by working with others so a group thing can be an advantage, but if you have good concentration and discipline in yourself, you teach yourself all on your own. I sometimes wish there was a class with 3 teachers and I'm the only student. That would be cool. Anyways, keep venting!

Hi Davit,
I think you should take the courses too. Learning is always a fun discovery... and if it's not fit, you can always quit.
13 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Absolutely! If you can find the time, I would go for it. You have a natural way of calming and relaxing people by the way you communicate. I told you , you should write a book about your journey, you have a real wealth of knowledge and a caring heart. Good luck, let us know what you decide.
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit:  YOU BET!  Is it for counseling? I love learning new things especially when it's something I'm really interested in.  You'll do well, I'm sure, because you are a caring person.  Let us know what you decide.
13 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,
This sounds very exciting and I really like the idea of the on line courses.  If this is something you would like to do and you feel it is your calling  I would definitely go for it.  Let us know what you decide.

Red
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

I saw my therapist yesterday. Bumped into her at the hospital and we had a social visit since I don't need her help now. (one and a half hours) The upshot of it is that she thinks I have the potential to do some good and she thinks I should do some on line courses to fill in the information I am missing. I don't know where I will find the time but I might. What do you think, should I?

Davit, wondering.
I thought my last quilting class was yesterday and I have started this new exercise goal.  I found out I was mistaken about the class it goes through June 8 so I am still in class.  I guess I lost a month or read it wrong, or something.  I did feel a little confused and stupid when someone looked it up and said we still have class till June 8.  A couple of them kind of looked at me strangely when I said I guess I lost a month. Oh well.    I still may look for a new class anyway.  I didn't get much done in class yesterday I was helping out a senior lady next to me plus their were 14 or 15 women in class that don't sew in class they basically come to class to visit for 3 hours. We spend the first hours of class doing nothing.  I started getting angry and complaining and was getting ready to get up and walk out when the teacher started show and tell and I thought good class is starting now, when are we gong to start on our projects. Finally after about half way into class, thats about one and a half hours the instructor came over and helped us beginners work on our projects.  I learned how to tie my quilt.  Hip Hip Hooray
 Anyway I am progressing very slowly with my quilting and I still want to start on a exercise program. I am wondering if I am up to doing both. I do find myself getting angry in class and I am a little concerned about it and not sure what to do about it ?
 I have been wanting to take a quilting class for a least 15 yrs and because of this program, the educators and the support group here I have been able to deal with my anxiety and panic well enough to leave my house and take a class.  I do feel that the class is moving at slugs pace and that I worked very hard to be able to take this class and it took me years to get where I am today and now they are wasting my time and I really do not have time to waste.  Sorry for the venting everybody.

Red feeling angry and frustrated

13 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Haha, quarters are better, I don't think you can buy much with 30 nickles these days.

Davit

It sure is fun.  Winning makes climbing the mountain worth it.

Red
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red 

I see you have found another plateau. When exposure becomes fun. I bet if I told you a month ago this would happen you would not have believed me. Winning is fun!

Davit.
Hey anerol,  the jar sounds like a great idea.  I think I'll start with quarters though.  At least until I can walk farther than a mile. 
   Your new goal sounds great and like a fun one too.  Going with a different family is a good idea.   I do love the fun exposure work.  I never thought I would be saying exposure is fun.  I am glad to see that you are on a roll again.

Red

Reading this thread: