Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,489 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

I'm doing it.

14 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CoriJ:  Lucky you!  My son is doing the Juan de Fuca trail late June.  Wish I could go too.  Love camping and hiking and canoeing.  So healing and makes you feels so glad to be alive, the way it is supposed to be.  Have lots of fun.
14 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's great Cori J!  This is a great find!  You will have to tell us what you find out and how camping goes.

Great to see you Red!!!

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cori J,

Beautiful idea!!!
I too find nature to be so very healing.

Red
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I envy you. I would love to be able to go camping again.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well my reward is going camping this weekend! a couple friends are visiting from out of town, we're bringing a couple of canoes with us, and we're going to find some quiet lake where we won't be bothered. it should give me plenty of alone time to think and sort out the crazy thoughts in my head. time in nature is always healing time for me too. it's where i feel most at peace. 
Cori J,
Congratulations on having the courage to walk into the womens center today and talk to someone there about counseling. You have taken the first big step towards getting help and should be very proud of yourself.  I hope you find a nice way to reward your self for this major achievement.  I think you have the right idea about waiting till next week to move forward with making phone calls.  Thats what I do when doing exposure work.  I take it slow and one step at a time and try not to do to much exposure at once.  This approach has been working for me so far.    Let us know how it goes as you continue with your exposure work.   I will be here rooting for you.

Red
14 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well I went to the women's center today and talked to a lady there. she was quite helpful and understanding. She said that place is more of a drop-in thing, but she gave me a couple of phone numbers where they can help me. I've had enough of that for this week, but I'll give them a call next week on my days off. 
Cori J,

I want to congratulate on making the decision to speak with a counselor about family secrets.  I know family secrets can be hard to deal with.  I have some of my own.  It is not quite so hard for me now that my mother has passed away and I have cut of all contact with my brother on the advice of a counselor.  It feels much better knowing he will never be a part of my life again.  It takes a lot of courage to face these issues and I am sure a counselor can help with this.  I have yet to see a counselor in person myself and admire you for taking the initiative to move forward in a positive direction.  Your bf must really love and care about you  and your relationship a lot to have stopped by the womens center for you. I think you will feel much better after you talk to the counselor about "the big secret" and they should be able to help you deal with your mother and brother.  Lets us know how it goes.  Maybe you can pass on some good advice to some of us here.

Red
14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cori J,
good luck in going and let me know how it goes, I'm still hesitant on going to a counselor too. 
Best wishes.

14 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your BF is a keeper! It really shows how much he cares.
Don't be afraid to talk to someone...trust me, it can really take a load off one's mind. These health care professionals are in the business to help . I wish you the best of luck.

Reading this thread: