Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

I must go through the panic?

8 years ago 0 121 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In Mindfulness, you are in the present moment or you are being aware moment-to-moment.

I took a Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course in the spring of 2014.  The course used mindfulness meditation, body scan meditation and yoga to help us become more aware of our bodies, our where we were at the present moment, etc. 

I'm sure there are lots of great books or internet sites that discuss Mindfulness.  Jon Kabat-Zinn is the Guru of Mindfulness.  
Okay so how do I do it? 
8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There is no tricking with mindfulness. It is seeing reality and your place in it with out the faults thoughts that cause anxiety. 

Davit
Sounds like whoever taught me mindfulness taught me wrong cos they said it's to trick your brain into thinking everything is alright but when I go and face something challenging my brain automatically goes right back to thinking it's not alright.
8 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mindfulness is reality though.When you are using mindfulness techniques you are basically just watching reality as it is without judgement and accepting all that comes with it. If you are interested in the topic I encourage you to look into it further.  Ashley, Health Educator
I tried mindfulness but my brain is too smart to know the difference between pretend and reality.
8 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There is a session on worry in your tool box on the site here. It is in session 13. Also letting the worry float away like a leaf on a river is a technique called mindfulness I think. You can find information about mindfulness all over the internet.
Can you give a link to the stop worry article? I have heard two things. 1 to let all thoughts come to mind, not react to the negative ones and watch them float like leaves down a river and then I've heard to conquer negative thoughts. Negative meaning irrational thoughts. 
8 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Stunner,

Controlling worry can be very challenging but it can be done. Worrying can become a pattern - it is hard to change patterns but with practice we can. Try checking out the section on worry stopping. Also, consider distractions and mindfulness as a way to stop worry. What has worked for you in the past to stop worry?

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: