Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Can you have anxiety without actually feeling anxious??

8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Internal anxious thoughts that come out of memory associated with a positive experience still go through your fear centre but only as contemplation but still temporarily shut down thought so cause the fear and light headedness. If they don't cause panic they won't because they are coming from Associated memory not Amygdala memory. 

Davit
8 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been anxious today even though i have felt calm and my world is as it should be , but for some reason i have been experiencing lightheadedness and fear .

I went to my doctors Friday because i am feeling weak and my arms and legs ache, my doctor assured me i am healthy and that it is just my anxiety causing these symptoms .
9 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cardio Tech,

Anxiety can manifest in many different ways. Physical symptoms of anxiety can change from person to person and instance to instance. It sounds like what you are experiencing is anxiety.

How are you feeling today? How did yoy try to manage the symptoms?
Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've said this over and over. If you don't get the answer from memory that you want your brain will look somewhere else. If you are negative but have cured one form of anxiety you can still have other forms close but not the same with different symptoms that will react to the same trigger if it is just vague enough to fit other answers from memory. You need a positive or positives that will fit all possibilities the trigger could cause no mater how unlikely they might fit the trigger. Anxiety without symptoms isn't possible but with very mild symptoms you can ignore is. This is normal.
If you can build a positive attitude strong enough your mind will accept the positive as the answer to a trigger and will have no reason to look elsewhere and there will be no other symptoms. because there will be no other reaction to the trigger. (panic triangle) Sorry if this is complicated or doesn't make sense. Just keep countering with positives to every trigger till it becomes second nature and the panic will go.

Good luck and good by for now.

Davit
9 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My anxiety symptoms used to be very predictable.  Among other symptoms, I had the typical "butterflies" in my stomach (like you get when you have a job interview or first date).  Lately, I've been experiencing a lot of symptoms that are associated with anxiety,  but I don't feel the butterflies in my tummy.  I've been getting chest and throat pain, feeling like I'm choking or suffocating, dizzy, etc.  Some of these symptoms are similar to my previous anxiety symptoms, but they are also very different....and I'm not sure what's going on.  

If these symptoms are indeed anxiety, why have they changed?  If they're not...then what?  I've had nuclear stress tests, most recently in July 2014, and they say my heart is fine, so the chest and throat pain shouldn't be from my heart....(but trying to convince my brain and heart of that are tough).  My doctor and I decided to increase my medications today....and I go back in 4 weeks.  

Reading this thread: