Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Trouble with being in shower or bath.

17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much :) And i think all the steps you are taking to help yourself are really great and i am sure they will yeild great results! Thanks so much for your encouragement and for sharing with me. One day we will both come oh here and write to each other how great it felt to laze around in a nice hot bath! -Diva
17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
congratulations! I end up taking a bath about once a week...wow, never told anyone that except my therepist! I wear lots of deodorant and perfume...and luckily I don't have a physical job. I have started making daily to do lists and give myself the freedom to do or not do the things on the list. When I am able to check off something on the list, it feels good! I know with time it will get better...I have a dr's appt on March 9th to see about medications to help and I plan on still seeing my therepist. Hopefully, I will be able to enjoy a long luxurious hot bath soon. Enjoy yours!
Thank you so much for sharing that with me. It couldnt have been easy. I do feel better knowing that i am not the only one with a fear of tubs and showers. I have been working on it and i am proud to say that since the 7th of february i have showered everyday so i am on 9 consecutive days. It is still hard for me but i know i am making progress. And how are you doing now with the tub and shower thing? Anyway, once again thank you so much for sharing it made me feel very much undertood :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I also have issues with the bath or shower. The first time I remember having issues, I was 27 and on drugs and had a fear that "they" were coming for me while I was in the shower or bath. But, as I think about it...I have always had bath issues. As a child the bathroom wasn't a safe place (fav place for the molestor). But, I had never told anyone about the fear until recently in therepy. I never realized that it had anything to do with my panic attacks! Hopefully, thru the therepy, things will get better.. Because I always feel so much better after taking a hot shower or bath! I just have such a hard time getting in there! So know that you are not alone. Good Luck to you! :)
I will, thank you very much for the greetings and the advice :)
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, Work through our program and yes try not to avoid this trigger. Please take advantage of our CBT program to use this trigger as an opportunity to do exposure work. Danielle _____________________ The PC Support Team
Hi guys, this is a new one for me. Since i had a relapse in december, i find i am having trouble getting in the shower or the bath tub to wash. I find being naked in there to be very anxious provoquing. Since i am fond of personnal hygiene this is really bothersome for me. If i am having a really bad anxious day i can't seem to make myself wash! And what if i have three really bad days in a row! I find it realy annoying. But if anticipate anxiously at the idea of going in there. It takes me forever to work up the courage to go. Then as i am naked in there i hate it. Then i get out and can't wait to be back in my clothes! Part of it is the being naked i think and part of it is feeling like i am stuck in there. I am not sure what to do. From what i understand the only thing i can do is make sure to take a shower everyday even on a bad day to make sure the shower thing becomes common place. Did i get that right? Anyway, thanks

Reading this thread: