Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Anyone ever have a blood clot?

17 years ago 0 222 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Danielle! I think what freaked me out the most was that it lasted for about a week and a half, which seemed a little long to me for a pulled muscle. Also, I happened to read a magazine article about PAD while I had the pain. I have a follow up doctor's appointment next week for the anemia problem. I think I'll talk to the doctor about PAD while I'm there, just to make sure. Thanks for your response!
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Vickers4, Glad to hear your leg and you are doing better. Danielle __________________________________ The PC Support Team
Debbie!! I am so glad to hear from you!! :) I wonder about you and how you are doing because I never see you on here anymore! When I posted this originally, I was thinking, I hope Debbie reads this because I know you've been through this before. The pain is gone now. There never was any swelling or redness or heat, so logically, I kept telling myself that it was just a pulled muscle. But, you know how the panic takes the logical thoughts and twists them into nonsense!! ;p My boys are doing good. My oldest son has his first girlfriend. Yikes!! :8o: He's 15 now. I was really frantic about it, but she is a very nice person and I really like her a lot. She is very polite. Very down to earth with a lot of common sense. I think he made a very good choice. My younger boy is very much into skateboarding - which also scares the crap out me! ;p Especially with all the horror stories you hear about kids getting hurt on their boards! But, I guess I can't shelter them because of my fears. OIY How is your son doing? I'm not on the website here as much as I used to be. I think I've finally got the panic thing under control. Of course, some days that's easier to say. :confuse: I do have some bad days, but it's nothing like it was. Still have a lot of general anxiety, but not very many actual panic attacks. I am so glad to hear that you are not having as much panic anymore as well!! You really have come a long way - you should be very proud of yourself!!! It is so good to hear from you!! Keep in touch and don't be a stranger! ;)
17 years ago 0 444 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Vickers!! Hi its Debbie! I logged on and I saw your post. How is your leg?? How have you been? How I miss everyone, you helped me so much in the past you were a wonderful inspiration to me and so many others. I have had that pain you are having. If it were a clot you would have swelling, redness and horrible pain. I had a "superficial-plebitis" 18 years, in my leg, the Doctor gave me a blood thinner and it went away, I do not think you have one, it sounds like a bad pulled muscle. Its funny you should mention blood clot, my varicose vein where it happened has been acting up and I sometimes think blood clot, its so easy for me to fall back into my health-obessive ways, I prop my legs up way over my head for 20 minutes and let the blood flow, can you take an asprin?? I dont know if you can or not, I know that thins the blood, but I do not think you have a blood clot. It gets very very hot red and swollen which you do not have which is good. I have missed you very much. I often think about you and Gina and Outlaw and all the rest of my wonderful friends, I pray for you all and hope that everyone is doing well. For the most part I have been "holding my own" just one brief panic attack in five months, but still lots of anxiety every day, I know what a fight it is Vickers, but I know how strong you are and I know you will be fine. How are your boys doing? I hope by the time you read this the pain is gone. I have been having chest pains lately, I think from smoking, and at times I have to litteraly fight with my mind not to think "heart attack" I so understand how those scary thoughts can run away, as you remember I think I had every disease in the book!! I am still alive! I think I am getting old ;)Please let me know how you are feeling. God bless you Vickers for being the wonderful person you are. Deb.
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Vickers4, If the symptoms worsen or do not dissipate, I recommend you see your doctor. One visit to him/her will calm all your fears or get you the help you need. Better be safe than sorry right? Danielle _________________________________ The Panic Center Support Team
Last week I got what feels like a pulled muscle in my calf. That night, it hurt so bad that it kept waking me up and I finally got up around 2 in the morning and put some Ben-Gay on it and it went away and I got some sleep. It felt pretty much better the next day, not completely, but pretty much. But, it's still there. It's just in one spot in my leg - right below the main muscle in my calf. If I've been sitting for awhile and then get up, the first few steps hurt. But, after I walk awhile, it goes away. It feels like a pulled muscle. There is no redness, no heat, no swelling. It's my understanding that if there is a blood clot, it gets worse with walking, standing and exercise. This does not. It gets better when I work it out. It hurts worse during rest. But, I am freaking out! I don't want to go to the doctor and spend money just to find out it's nothing. I don't have high blood pressure, diabetes or cholesterol problems. I've had all of this checked quite recently in fact. My gyno put me on birth control about six or seven months ago and I told him I was very concerned about the blood clot problem with birth control. He put me on a birth control with a very low level of estrogen and told me that because of my personal medical history that I am at a very low risk of complications and that he wasn't concerned about it. Because the pain is less during exercise and walking, and because there is no swelling, redness or heat (signs of a blood clot) I am trying to convince myself this is just a pulled muscle. But, it's been a week now! My anxiety is very high over this right now and I just need some advice. The only symptom of a possible blood clot is the pain in my muscle - nothing else. Any help??

Reading this thread: