Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Tip of the day

15 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I too agree. When I step out of my "box" and do something new... or say YES instead of NO to something out of my comfort zone, I feel so amazing when all is said and done.  Then I have something new to add to my list of accomplishments.  This is a great reminder to keep doing this.

Plus it lets me be a good example to my kids.  Showing them that even Mommies have to face their fears sometimes...but success is great no matter what our age..

Thanks

DM
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sweet, I am jacking this idea and making it my own!  But I promise to give credit where due, when due.  Thanks Brenna!
15 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is sooooo true!  When I step out of my routine, I find life really isn't as scary as I make it sometimes.  I find people are just like me.  Trying to make their way too!  Thanks for the wonderful reminder!
Birdie

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oooh new conversations with neighboors. Wow. I don't even know any of my neighboors... I think it is great how you are talking with your neighboors.

As for going out of my routine, I do agree that some change and challenges puts abit of spice and joy in life.
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Funny you should say make new conversations , i have been doing that this past week to alot of my different neighbours .
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is true. I feel I changed after I went out of town... the biggest scariest step tends to be the answer sometimes.
15 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I like that tip because I find if I am busy all day I feel fine, it's really when I sit around and brood about my feelings that I get anxious!
15 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I never thought about my home being my crutch for my anxiety.  I know that my home comforts me when I return from being in uncomfortable places.
15 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Change your routine.  You may find the house to be a welcoming, safe haven, or your routine tasks to be comforting and easy. Your comfort zone, however, is also the place where your depression lingers, and you must try to escape it. Rising out of your comfort zone simply means that you should do things that you had never done before, such as engaging in different conversations, physical activities, watching movies alone, or even eating in a restaurant you have never been to.

Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: