Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

My Anxious Valentine

13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Neonath and welcome,
you have come to the place to learn how to beat your panic, and make some friends who really understand what it is like to live with this disorder. You will see once you  get into the program... for me the best part was really understanding how my negative thoughts made me anxious, and how to change them from negative to positive.  I had a crappy childhood too, but I have learnt here how to question my core beliefs....thats where a lightbulb moment happened also....I no longer blame my childhood  for my mood on any day...I have the choice..to think positively, or negative. This program works...you will see...and the support group... its great! the members are all here for eachother. Ask any questions you may have, or just let it all out...read some older posts , and you will see what I mean!
Juanita
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Neopath!  Thanks for sharing your story.  It probably isn't easy, I know it took me awhile to feel comfortable on the site.  Pls. know we are here to support and cheer you on, we will hold your hand through the bad times and celebrate achievements.  Keep the faith and lean on us when you need to, that's what we are all here for.  Bless you and keep posting.  We are listening.  Hope you have started the program.

Sunny
13 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Neonath and thanks for sharing your story. It's encouraging to know that people can have such a compassionate heart despite the adversities that they've had to endure in their lives.

Sounds like we're on the same page re: the SSRI's and SNRI's. I'm glad Lyrica is working well for you. I'm currently taking Gabapentin with limited success but might give Lyrica a try since I've heard good things about it.

Take care and hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day,
Flint 
13 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Neopath!

I am so happy you found us.  Thank you for sharing your story with us.  It took courage to open up to us and it is clear you are very strong to have gone through everything you have.  I have no doubt that you will get a handle of this anxiety. Work on the program and stick with us! We will help you get to where you want to be.

Have you made a schedule for yourself in regards to completing the program?  The program is a lot of work so breaking it down into managable sections is a good idea.

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello neonath.

For two solid years plus, I had panic attacks every night at around two in the morning. Every night, no exceptions and some times I got daytime spill over. Ativan was my best friend and I became an addict. Oh and I had myself committed at the height of it all.
All that is in the past. The only panic I get now is medication induced from antibiotics. (only some) If it is bad I will use half a valium if ginger mint tea isn't helping.

If you look you will see I have been here a long time. My cure has been mostly information. Why and what to do about it. It never ceases to amaze me what I can do now that I could not do before. That and the amount of time I lost to this condition. (condition, not disease) Things might have been different if I had of had a different childhood, My brother does not suffer from this.

I hope very much that you find comfort and help here with us. We are a very caring group. 

Here for you.
Davit
13 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello,

Today is Valentine's Day. Since Valentine's Day has to do with the heart, it's a good day to start the CBT program. Actually, I started yesterday. I had to take the test twice because I made some mistakes in the first one. I do not have long up/down episodes lasting for days, but I do have my share of panic attacks, PTSD, depression, you know, all those gifts that keep giving

My worst panic attacks occur in the middle of the night. I am not sure how this program is set up to help that, but it's worth a try. When they started spilling over into the day, and became all of the day, I realized my Doctors and medications were not enough. I had to give up SSRis and SNRIs because, after 9+ years of using them, they were having a reverse effect on me, making my anxiety and panic worse. It got to be so bad, I thought I would have to check myself into an institution, sometimes I still think that- or a sleep disorder center). But then I remembered Lyrica. Now I am taking that for daytime panic. It works wonders for me (but not everyone of course). The come-down is a little jittery but that's better than panic. My attacks include the feeling that I am being 'tazered' inside. It's awful. But since Lyrica came along, things are settling down. I am also going through withdrawal of Seroquel, which I now consider a very nasty drug. If you are considering taking it, look it up first!

I was abused as a child, neglected, denied, lost my sister to an untimely death, raped as a young woman, and generally mistreated for many years. The panic attacks are fairly recent, but their cause I am sure lay in my past.

Anyway, my heart goes out to all of us who must struggle daily (and nightly) with panic, anxiety, ptsd, depression, sleep distruption. God bless. I hope to make new friends here.

Reading this thread: