Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,480 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Did you know... some of the common symptoms of panic?

16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have experienced most of theese symptoms at one point or another since I started having this problem... €¢ Feelings of apprehension, worry or fear--- I do thought challenging to help me get out of my ruts. €¢ Anticipation of misfortune to self or others--- I say a little prayer then I do thought challenging to help me get out of that rut.. €¢ Poor concentration - I give myself the right to have bad concentration. When I have stuff to do that requires concentration, I make sure to have a quiet environnement and I plan extra time for the activity to compensate. €¢ Impatience, uneasiness, edginess, vigilance- Relaxation, breathing and I try not to put myself in situation that assault my sense. I tend to go for a walk too, that seems to help. €¢ Dry mouth difficulty swallowing- I drink lots of water to keep myself better hydrated. Plus being capable of slowly drinking water reminds me of the fact I am not choking lol. And anyway, water is good for you. €¢ Butterflies, nausea vomiting---I eat smaller portions more often during the day as to not aggravate my nausea. But I do make myself eat low blood sugar makes me feel worse. As for vomitting I just accept it happened and move on and make sure to eat throght the day in small easy to cope with portions. €¢ Chest pain, palpitations---With this one I mostly remind myself that my acid reflux doesn'T help this, that this symptoms is comon among panic sufferer then I challenge whatever anxious thought I am having. €¢ Shakiness, dizziness, hyperventilation--- I sit down or lie down so I cannot fall. If I cannot do that I lean os something solid. I do dep breething and challenge my thoughts. I find calming visualisations help too. €¢ Sweating, headache, tingling sensations---I have to admit I just kinda learned to live with this one... €¢ Jumpiness, fatigue, fidgeting restlessness---Relaxation, breathing and I try not to put myself in situation that assault my sense. I tend to go for a walk too, that seems to help. Well, that is that for me, thanks for baring with me! -Diva
16 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, Here€™s a list of some of the most common symptoms that occur during a panic attack: €¢ Feelings of apprehension, worry or fear €¢ Anticipation of misfortune to self or others €¢ Poor concentration €¢ Impatience, uneasiness, edginess, vigilance €¢ Dry mouth difficulty swallowing €¢ Butterflies, nausea vomiting €¢ Chest pain, palpitations €¢ Shakiness, dizziness, hyperventilation €¢ Sweating, headache, tingling sensations €¢ Jumpiness, fatigue, fidgeting restlessness Not all people with anxiety experience the same symptoms. The severity, frequency and duration of these symptoms will vary from person to person. Please tell us what symptoms you have experienced and how you€™ve coped with them. Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: